Sabbatical Homes has been providing Landlords with a Property Rental Service for over 21 years. We operate in a niche market servicing the rental requirements of visiting academics, principal artistes from the Royal Opera House and English National Opera and other professional clients.
Our clients require:
- Well maintained Fully Furnished properties – Our clients arrive with just their clothes, books and laptops
- Working Internet Connection with Wifi
- Good transport connections into Central London
- Good local shopping
The Sabbatical Homes Landlord Property Rental Service includes :
- Initial visit to property taking photographs, listing details and offering advice on all aspects of letting your property
- Listing of your property on our website
- Contacting our tenant client base advising them what properties are available
On finding a suitable tenant :
- Prepare all relevant paperwork, including pre-tenancy letters and suitable Rental Agreement.
- Issue Rent Demands and receive all payments throughout the tenancy.
- Pay Landlord via electronic Bank transfer all rental monies less our commission.
- Collect security deposit, and keep in our protected client account.
- Register with TDS if rental agreement is an Assured Short hold Tenancy
- Meet the tenant at the property, read meters, show them how everything works
- On departure, see the tenant out, collect keys, read meters and arrange End of Tenancy cleaning if there is no retained cleaner
- Calculate outstanding utility bills, deduct from tenants security deposit and reimburse Landlord
- Provide end of tenancy statements to the Landlord
Sabbatical Homes property Management Services have developed over the past 21 years to service the particular needs of our Landlords. Many of our Landlords are academics themselves living for the most part outside the UK.
Having absent Landlords as our main client base, Sabbatical Homes have developed a full range of management services, allowing the Landlord a stress free rental experience.
Our services include :
- Pre – rental cleaning and laundry of the property management.
- Arranging of Landlords Gas Certification and Energy Performance Certificates if Required
- Purchase items for the property either for the Tenant or for the Landlord.
- Liase with tenants throughout the tenancy sorting out any issues, repairs etc .
- Attend the property when required to meet tradesmen and check on their work.
- Pay utility companies, tradesmen etc on Landlord’s behalf if direct payment has not been set up.
- Project manage major refurbishment and building work if required.
- Manage payments to the Landlord where Sabbatical Homes have not secured the tenant.
- Check on the property while empty, should the Landlord require this for Insurance purposes.
( Please check Our Fees section for additional costs and fees )
Repairs and Maintenance
Sabbatical Homes director David Godfrey has had over 40 years experience designing, planning the refurbishment of commercial and residential properties. This experience, from simple repairs to major building works allows Sabbatical Homes to offer a full Repairs and Maintenance service to its clients.
We do not carry out the works directly, but appoint good quality and trustworthy contractors to carry out the work on the Landlords behalf.
Works which have been undertaken on behalf of Landlords include :
- General Painting and Decorating both interiors and exteriors of properties
- Design and fitting of new kitchens and bathrooms
- Loft Conversions
- Roof repairs
- Plumbing and Heating including new boiler installations
- Bedroom and Lounge Furniture Design and Joinery
Sabbatical Homes are happy to advise you on any works that you feel may need doing on your property.
Over the past 20 years Sabbatical Homes policy on Inventories has been not to do them. As most of our lettings are either under licence or General Agreement they have not been necessary. The big issue for us has been that we rent fully furnished properties, which normally contain all the personal possessions of the Landlord.
The Inventory business is geared to the general lettings business where “furnished” tends to mean basic furniture, kitchen equipment and the usual machines. It does not take into account the volume of possessions in a private home. Therefore we feel that a professional Inventory does not cover thee type of property which we tend to rent.
However, where an Assured Short hold Tenancy Agreement is issued, we are advised by both our professional body the National Association of Estates Agents ( NAEA ) and the The Dispute Service ( TDS ) that a third party Inventory company should be engaged to conduct to produce a professional Inventory to protect both the Landlord and the Tenant in case there is a dispute at the end of the tenancy.
The cost of producing a Professional Inventory is shared between the Landlord and the Tenant. The Landlord pays for the Check In, the tenant pays for the Check out. The cost is dependant on the size of the property. As a guide expect the range to be between :
- £320 ( £160 each ) for a one bedroom property
- £370 ( £185 each ) for a two bedroom property
- £460 ( £230 each ) for a three bedroom property
- £510 ( £255 each ) for a four bedroom property
- £570 ( £285 each ) for a five bedroom property
- Plus Sabbatical Homes Time Charge of £100 ( £50 each )
All prices quoted exclude VAT
Sabbatical Homes can arrange for an Inventory company to conduct an Inventory if you do not have one already.