Each Sabbatical Homes property listing shows the weekly asking rent amount together with what that rental figure includes. In most cases, council tax and building service charges are included, utilities which are separately metered, and telephone/broadband rental costs and call charges are extra. In addition to the weekly rent, the Landlord always requires a security deposit, against possible damage and non payment of any charges (usually equal to 4 weeks rent, or 6 weeks if a pet is allowed).
If the Agreement is an Assured Short-hold Tenancy (AST) then an Inventory will be required . This will be carried out by an independent Inventory Company. In addition the Landlord may request us to use a third party Tenant Referencing company to check on the Tenants financial situation. ( See Inventory and Referencing Costs section)
Separate to these costs we charge the Tenant an Administration Charge. The actual amount is based upon the length of stay in the property. The prices quoted below are based upon a weekday arrival. For arrival on weekends and / or UK Bank Holiday and Public Holidays an additional charge is incurred. Please check the relevant paragraph below.
ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES MONDAY – FRIDAY
For lettings between One week – Four Weeks : £282.00 Inc Vat
For lettings between Four week – Ten Weeks : £234.00 Inc Vat
For lettings over Ten Weeks : £222.00 Inc Vat
Our Charge covers the following work:
- Finding a suitable property for the Tenant, either from the properties we are directly instructed on by the Landlord, or from third party Letting agents who we have a working relationship with.
- Preparing all documentation including Pre-Tenancy Letter, Letting Agreement, all Rent Demands throughout the Tenancy, management of the rent payments to the respective Landlords, the holding of the security deposit in a CMP (Client Money Protection) protected client account, calculating and providing interim and/or final end of tenancy utility accounts, supervising and paying on the tenants behalf end of tenancy cleaning and laundry which is charged at cost,(all costs deducted from the security deposit).
- Meeting and Greeting at the flat anytime Monday-Friday (additional costs are applicable for weekend or Bank or Public Holiday arrivals)
- Instructing on how machines work, including help with wifi setup and other useful information about the property.
- On departure seeing the tenants out, reclaiming all sets of keys, checking for damage, locking up after departure. (additional costs are applicable for weekend or Bank or Public Holiday departures)
- Finalising all accounting matters and returning balance of the security deposit to the tenants nominated account
ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
In addition to the above charges there will be surcharge of £60 Inc Vat for arrivals and a £60.00 in Vat surcharge for departures on Saturdays or Sundays
ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES UK BANK AND PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
In addition to the above charges there will be surcharge of £120 Inc Vat for arrivals and a £120.00 inc Vat surcharge for departures on UK Bank and Public Holidays
LEASE / AGREEMENT RENEWALS
In the event that a Tenant wishes to renew their Agreement, then the above charges will apply
All Landlords require a security deposit in addition to the rent.The security deposit is paid before arrival, together with the first rent Invoice and our Administration Charge.
The security deposit is refundable and is returned at the end of the tenancy once all telephone/broadband rental charges and call charges, electricity, gas and water usage charges , cleaning and laundry bills and any damages/repairs have been paid. In most cases this is deducted from the security deposit and the balance is then returned to the tenant’s nominated bank account.
If the council tax or utility bills have been changed into the tenants name, then any balance of the security deposit will only be returned once written proof that all outstanding charges have been paid in full, and that the bills have been changed back into the Landlords name. Any costs in doing so is the responsibility of the Tenant.
If there has been any breakages or damages,then these items will be assessed, and the cost deducted from the security deposit.
The property should be left in the same condition as it was found.
Please note that the security deposit is not a substitute for any part of the rent
In some instances the Landlord may request a non refundable Holding Deposit, his deposit is non refundable in the situation that you choose to cancel the booking once the paperwork has been produced. This holding deposit then becomes part of the main security deposit once you have arrived. The security deposit is refundable once all outstanding bills have been settled. (See Security Deposit Section)
Normally this holding deposit is between £250 – £500 depending on the property rent value.
However, if you have to cancel due to personal health reasons ( confirmed by a doctor ) then under those circumstances we will refund the Holding deposit less a £30 inc Vat processing fee.
Inventory and Referencing Costs
When the rental agreement is a Assured Short Term Tenancy and protected under the Tenants Deposit Scheme TDS, a Check In and Check Out Inventory by an independent Inventory company has to be done. The cost of this service is shared between the Landlord and the Tenant.
The Landlord pays for the Check In Inventory, the Tenant pays for the Check Out Inventory. The approximate cost to to each party is around £240 in Vat. (Cost varies according to the size of property).
Sabbatical Homes arranges for a professional inventory company to carry out this work, and arranges payment on the Landlords and Tenants behalf.
It is the Tenant’s duty on arrival to satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any inventory, and notify Sabbatical Homes of any mistakes, omissions or inaccuracies.
Sabbatical Homes cannot accept any liability for any claim arising out of an inventory dispute.
Our Time Charge is £36 inc Vat for arranging the Inventory check out and attending while inventory is taken at the end of the tenancy.
The Tenant is liable for any referencing costs, payable in advance , the current cost is £60 inc Vat. This cost is not refundable whether the tenancy proceeds or not. The service is performed by a third party provider.
Other Costs and Fees
OTHER COSTS AND FEES
Sabbatical Home’s mission is to make your stay in London as pleasant and easy as possible. Should you require us to purchase, arrange, research anything on your behalf, we are happy to do so.
We charge £60.00 inc Vat per hour for the first hour and then £36 inc Vat per hour thereafter for services which have to be provided outside our office. For services which do not require us to leave our office we charge £30 inc Vat per hour (Charged in 15 minute segments). On items which we have purchased on your behalf, we charge an additional 10% plus Vat of the purchase price.
Internal Complaints Service
IN – HOUSE COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
Sabbatical Homes is committed to providing a professional service to all our clients and customers. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please put it in writing, including as much detail as possible. We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may refer your complaint to The Property Ombudsman.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally be dealt with by the office manager who will review your file and speak to the member of staff who dealt with you. A formal written outcome of our investigation will be sent to you within 15 working days of sending the acknowledgement letter.
- If, at this stage, you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for a separate review to take place by a senior member of staff.
- We will write to you with 15 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final viewpoint on the matter.
If you remain dissatisfied, you can contact The Property Ombudsman to request an independent review:
The Property Ombudsman Ltd
Milford House, 43-45 Milford Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 2BP
Tel: 01722 333 306
Please note the following:
You will to submit your complaint to The Property Ombudsman within six months of receiving our final viewpoint letter, including any evidence to support your case.
The property Ombudsman requires that all complaints are addressed through this in-house complaints procedure, before being submitted for an independent review.